Beware! Punishment for NRIs who harass, abandon their wives; Passports will be cancelled


Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj and Minister of Women and Children’s Affairs Maneka Gandhi have left the cause of Indian women left by NRI men. NRIs who bother their wives, leave their wives, may have canceled their passports

Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) who bother or give up their wives may be able to increase or remove their passports if the Center accepts the recommendations of a high-level group.

After several complaints from women left by their NRI men, the Department of Foreign Affairs (MEA) convened the committee in May to discuss various legal and regulatory challenges and to propose remedial measures.

The group also recommended that cases of domestic violence be included in the scope of the delivery contracts, that India does not agree with other countries.

“The Committee believes that this will facilitate the extradition of NRI spouses in India for a process, and it is now almost impossible for the desertion, domestic violence or the dignity of the shame to return to the man to stand trial “said a source.

“Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj and WCD Minister Maneka Gandhi have commented on the cause of the Indian women left by NRI men and talked in several public forums about the government’s intention to solve the problem,” said a ministerial official.

In order to help the abandoned women in obtaining justice, the group of nine members, who were retired by Arvind Kumar Goel (who is also the former chairman of the Punjab State Commission for NRIs), was given special rules on the confiscation or removal of the NRI offense at the Basis for the complaint.

“Once the pass is confiscated, the husband of NRI, when he is in India, will not be able to leave the country until the case is settled and if he is to be expelled to India,” a source said the report of the Committee, which was submitted to the MEA last month.

The panel also recommended increasing the financial support provided by Indian missions for these women from $ 3,000 to $ 6,000. The money will help them to benefit from legal advice and services abroad, where they do not have sufficient resources or connections.